Last Modified: April 12, 2021
Effective Date: April 12, 2021
3. Children Under Age 13. We are committed to protecting the privacy of children under the age of thirteen (13) years (each a “Child” and collectively, “Children”). The SHD Website is not designed for or marketed to Children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information (as defined below) from Children. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a Child, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us using any of the methods described at: https://flyshd.com/contact.
4.1. “Personal Information” means personally-identifiable information (information relating to an individual that can be used to identify, locate, or contact that individual, alone or when combined with other personal or identifying information), such as: name, home or physical address, e-mail address, phone number, or personal characteristics, or any other information about an individual that we collect through the SHD Website and maintain in personally identifiable form in combination with other personally-identifiable information.
4.2. “Non-Personal Information” means information or content other than Personal Information, including, for example, aggregated or anonymized information about our users and other information that does not identify any individual.
5. Types of Information Collected.
5.3. Facebook Custom Audience Pixel. We may, from time to time, use a tool provided by Facebook called “Custom Audience Pixel” or “Facebook Pixel” to collect information about your use of the SHD Website, which helps us provide content that is relevant to you and optimized for the devices that you use (such as smartphones and tablets). We respect and value your privacy, and we never combine the information collected through the use of Custom Audience Pixel with Personal Information. We use the information we receive from Custom Audience Pixel only to improve the SHD Website and our content and marketing. Facebook’s use and sharing of information collected by Custom Audience Pixel about your visits to this site is governed by Facebook’s policies. For more information about Facebook’s privacy policies and practices, visit: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php or https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation. You can opt-out of Facebook’s interest-based ads by following the instructions from Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. You may also use the following link to help you opt-out of remarketing pixels and technologies used by various companies: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
6.1. Cookies and Local Storage. Cookies are small text files placed onto your device when you visit and interact with the SHD Website. Local storage is a technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your device. These technologies enable us to provide and enhance your experience using the SHD Website.
6.2.1. Essential Processes and Security: To enable essential functions of the SHD Website, such as protecting your security, and helping us fight spam, and abuse.
6.2.2. Preferences: To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
6.2.3. Performance, Analytics, Research, and Marketing: To help us understand and measure how you use the SHD Website, to improve the SHD Website, and to provide relevant and targeted advertisements to you on the SHD Website and on other websites, which may include cookies associated with Google Analytics and the Google Marketing Platform. For more information, see: How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps (located at: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
7. Use of Non-Personal Information. We may use Non-Personal Information (including, for example, aggregated information about our users or information that does not identify any individual) for any purposes whatsoever (including without limitation, advertising, marketing, enhancing, designing, or developing products and/or services, and research), and we may share Non-Personal Information with others, including our partners, affiliates, and our service providers.
8. Use of Personal Information.
8.1. We will only store and use your Personal Information as is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with your use of the SHD Website, including: (a) to contact you in connection with your use of the SHD Website, including to respond to your inquiries; (b) for authentication and identification purposes; (c) to enable us to provide the features of the SHD Website; (d) to provide you with information about SHD and our services and other information related to the Shenandoah Valley Airport, such as by sending you our newsletter if you subscribe to it; (e) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information to us; (f) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; (g) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; (h) to provide you with relevant advertising and promotions; and (i) to protect our networks, data, software, or business interests. You understand and agree that we may transfer, process, maintain, and store your Personal Information and other information in any country (or in multiple countries), including countries other than your country of residence or the country or countries where you use the SHD Website.
8.3.1. to any person, entity, or organization which you consent for us to disclose your Personal Information to;
8.3.2. to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
8.3.3. to any of our affiliates, our business partners, service providers, vendors, and agents who provide hosting services, technical support services, transaction processing services, marketing services, and as is necessary or appropriate in connection with the processing and fulfillment of your requests or the operation, maintenance, and support of the SHD Website;
8.3.4. to comply with any legal requirements, subpoenas, discovery requests, or court orders, to defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or as we believe in good faith is necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements;
8.3.5. as we believe is necessary or appropriate in an emergency situation, including without limitation, to prevent criminal activity, personal injury, or property damage;
8.3.6. to law enforcement, financial institutions, or other appropriate authorities in connection with any investigation of suspected criminal or fraudulent activity by any person or entity; and
8.3.7. if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SHD or our affiliates, our users, customers, or other third parties.
9. Opt-In Sharing Features. We will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to a third party if we know or have reason to believe that the third party will use your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
10. Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including the use of TLS to encrypt information you send through the SHD Website. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Despite our measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to or through the SHD Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of the SHD Website or of our service providers, agents, or other third parties.
12. Access to and Change of Personal Information. You may contact us at any time to: (a) request the removal of the Personal Information you provided to us from our databases; and (b) update your Personal Information. However, certain information associated with your requests or correspondence with us may be retained permanently for accounting, legal, tax, and business reasons. When your Personal Information is updated or deleted, copies of such information may remain in our backups.